Want to start 2011 off with a win? Of course you do! Here’s your chance to win a brand new 2GB iPod Shuffle (and it’s blue, just like the picture). I realize that 2010 was a year of ups and downs for all of us – myself included – and looking back, it can feel like we battled the odds and made it through some really trying times. I know I make it through the tough spots in life because I have people that I look to for influence and guidance. Some people have made such an impact on me, that I view life in a whole new way when I’m with them. With this inspiration, I’ve decided to open the lines up for storytelling and a contest.
What do I do to win?
Step 1: You will comment on this post, answering four simple questions with your story.
- Who has made the biggest impact or been the most inspirational in your life?
- What was the impact of this person?
- What has it influenced you to do / not do?
- How has this person helped you become who you are today?
Step 2: You will share your comment on as many networks as you like to get as many “Thumbs Up” votes as you can. You can tweet it, share it on Facebook, post it to your own website, post it on blogs – whatever you like. The most thumbs up / likes / positive votes by Monday, January 31st will win the iPod. Really, that’s it. I’ll send you the iPod, my Inspired Action Workbook, and Create wristband the very next day. Voting will stay open all the way to 10pm on the 31st of January.
So without further ado, tell your story!
This is statistically a very stressful time – holiday shopping, battling the elements (cold & snow here in Chicago), family gatherings etc. I thought I would post something that might help some of you relax a little. I spent my entire day playing in the world of hypnosis – fully understanding and experiencing complete relaxation. This playlist is such a nice cap for the day. Enjoy, and feel free to leave comments below.
Peace, Love, and a million dream-filled nights to you all.
There is so much pressure in life to be great, do great things, don’t screw up, make a difference, don’t be too different – so much that we often lose sight of some simple, yet powerful truths about life. I have collected 20 powerful quotes on life, and I use them in my life to stay grounded to what’s important to me. I hope they (and other great quotes out there) can do the same for you.
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
- “Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.” – Josh Billings
- The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. – Thomas B. Macaulay
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
- “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
- “If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” – Win Borden
- “The essence of life is finding something you really love and then making the daily experience worthwhile.” – Denis Waitley
- “A tough lesson in life that one has to learn is that not everybody wishes you well.” – Dan Rather
- “People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The man who cannot believe in himself cannot believe in anything else. The basis of all integrity and character is whatever faith we have in our own integrity.” – Roy Smith
- “Do whatever you can to capture, or recapture, your life spark – unless it harms others, in which case suffer with as much happiness as you can muster. Your nobility of spirit will spark itself.” – Corri Alius
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Alan Kay
- “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.” – Unknown
- “It takes two to speak truth — one to speak, and another to hear.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “There comes a time in each man’s education in which he comes to the conclusion that envy is ignorance, imitation is suicide, and society in in conspiracy against each one of its members.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.” – Frank A. Clark
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
If you like these quotes, or have one I missed, please share it in the comments below.
I stumbled upon this image this evening and had to post it up. What a brilliant little illustration. I’ll have much more thorough and educational posts in the next couple of days, but this just couldn’t wait. I even made this the wallpaper on my laptop to stay focused on positive transformation!
What are your thoughts? What image or thing keep you motivated?
Leave comments and have an amazing day, my friends.
Holy Cow, it’s been a crazy week, and it’s only Tuesday! I’m going to try and post more updates and articles this week, but if I fall a little short, please forgive me. I’ve had conference calls with clients, managers for upcoming speaking engagements, and fellow coaches. I love connecting with everyone. Please check out the post below. It’s a great list of 10 hard truths in life. I also posted it to my blog at Applied Happiness . Leave comments and share as much as you like. More to come!
Have a brilliant night,